Friday, May 30, 2008

His Powerful Energy

His Powerful Energy

Kate Hasson


Here is my first entry. Honestly, I'm scared. I know who I am, the real me, on the inside, and I can't believe I was asked to contribute to this blog. I don't know much, I am by nature more of a surfacey person cause its hard for me to go deep, I am easily distracted from following Christ 100%, I want to pray without ceasing yet almost always find an excuse to put it off, don't make time for consistent quiet times even when I know that its exactly what I need, I have a difficult time writing and certainly don't know how to lead a spiritual blog conversation. Yet here I am completely humbled to be included in this great group of women. Just reading over the previous posts I have been quite blessed and wonder what it is God will have me bring to the table.
I have decided that I'm not going to write a lot. The less words I use the less trouble I'll be in and the less confusion I'll create. I'm not going to try to exposit the scriptures or announce some great truth. I'm just going to let you get a peek at me, my young heart, and hopefully give you a glimpse at the goodness and greatness of the compassionate God who has rescued me.
Here are the scribblings of my thoughts, and my prayer as I send these out is that you will be drawn closer to our Savior by reading these than if you hadn't at all.
Fondly, Kate

Colossians 1:28-29
"Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me."

How many times have I read the Word and yet new things still leap out at me! Praise the Lord! Otherwise, bible reading would eventually become quite a bore.
What was new to me in this passage is when it read "...struggling with all HIS energy that HE powerfully works within me." Paul is toiling to preach the gospel with Christ’s energy. God allowed him to obey by empowering him to do so. Why do I always forget that as a Christian, Jesus has given me what I need to glorify the Almighty? The tangebleness of my body/self and the world around me fogs up my knowledge of the true reality that I can only obediently live by the energy Christ powerfully works within me. Regretfully I usually look at my good deeds and assume that I am doing well because I’m trying hard or just because I can. Shame! This verse was a great reminder for how I ought to think. I have come to see that my view of Christ is very important, for once I see that He is the provider of all my energy, then I will know that nothing I do or feel is of my own will or strength but His. And, hallelujah, He will receive the glory in two ways: 1. in my obedience and life of gospel proclamation through His strength, and 2. because He is a gracious giver of His powerful energy. Its not about me, its all about Him.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kate, I love your honesty and your transparency!! You are an amazing young lady!! Thanks for the verse, too--I needed that today as I was trying to figure out how I was going to do things in my own power!! Blessings, Linda

Kristen Borland said...

kate, this is a very timely lesson and reminder for me. thank you so much for writing and sharing!

donnasue said...

thank you sweetheart for the words of wisdom. I am .blessed by them and you.

Anonymous said...

thank you sweetheart for the encouragement of the Word and your insights. I was richly blessed. fondly, mom