Friday, May 23, 2008

Taking Time

Taking Time...
lisa leonard




our younger son, matty has been frustrated lately. he gets angry quickly, then is quick to apologize. his fuse is short and his coping is limited. it's not completely his fault. life has been busy. work, school, weekend trips, time with friends...it starts to feel like our days are packed from sunrise to twilight. we've been working on using gentle words and a gentle touch. we've been praying for a tender heart that loves others and desires to be obedient. we've been trying to be more consistent with consequences and making time to focus, and play and snuggle. sometimes parenting feels like a guessing game and i am consistently reminded of my need for grace. i need to take time to sit before my heavenly Father making my needs known to him. so, in the busyness of life matty is reminding us to take time to take time. what do you need to take time for today?



1 comment:

Mumsie said...

Lisa:
I enjoyed your precious insight! It makes me think back to the days when I was raising children. It was the best time of my life. Now, with them as adults, (30 and 27 years old), we all sit together and relish the sweet moments of the past, the silly times and the trying times and we laugh! God has blessed my lil' family.

Thanks, Sharon Wood

creatingmyowncanvas.blogspot.com