Monday, September 15, 2008

Daily Faith

by Peggy Brown

This last week has been one of those weeks. You know, one where there is just not enough “you” to go around.

On some of those days, I was complaining outwardly. On some, I was whining inwardly, you know, “can’t someone else do this?” “Do you have to be sick today?” etc., etc. There were also times when I was kind, gracious and had a good attitude.

What makes the difference? Where my focus is!

This week is going to be another one of those weeks. I want to challenge myself, and you to. I want to remember this…

2 Cor. 12:9

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

I want Christ’s power to be perfected in me. I guess that means I will have to recognize my own weakness, hm?

Lord, help me to remember that it is Your grace that I want to show through my life, not my own sufficiency! Give me graceful thoughts, graceful attitudes and graceful words. Amen

No comments: