Monday, September 8, 2008

Worship

by Peggy Brown

So, you noticed that I was absent last week? So sorry…both of my kids came home on short notice for the long weekend. One came with her boyfriend and the other came to announce the upcoming arrival of our first grandchildJ. Needless to say, I was quite distracted, and frankly I just forgot! But, I’m baaaaaaaaaaaaaack and here are my wandering thoughts for today.

Psalm 95:6-7 in The Jerusalem Bible says:

“Come in, let us bow, prostrate ourselves, and kneel in front of Yahweh our maker,
for this is our God, and we are the people He pastures, the flock that He guides.”

You may recognize these verses as ones that have been written into a song that we sing:

“Come let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord our God, our maker.

For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, just the sheep of His hands, just the sheep of His hands.”

Today, I have been thinking about worshiping and praising God. He is worthy of our worship and our praise ALL THE TIME! I tend to want to worship Him when I am feeling particularly holy or spiritual, but He is my shepherd and He desires my worship continually.

Here’s today’s challenge. Find a reminder, a verse, a song, a picture, and put it up somewhere that you see it regularly. (I’m going to use the song above.) For a week, let your goal be to think about it first thing in the morning and the last thing at night. Let’s make this week a week of worship, OK?

2 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

What a great idea! I've been wondering how to live a more worshipful life and this sounds like a great place to start. Now off to find the perfect verse!

Kristen Borland said...

i heard the news from my mom. CONGRATULATIONS! i hear being a grandparent is the best!