Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Delighting and Enjoying, Part II

by Sue Donaldson

So, how has it been – this process of delighting and enjoying your Lord this week?


I still find myself mostly still asking and begging in my prayers – with thanks and gratefulness thrown in all over the place. But, still, not so much the enjoying and the delighting of just being with God.


I am aware of it now, and I try not to be too hard on myself.


This morning’s reading helped:


The Lord Himself is my inheritance, my prize. He is my food and drink, my highest joy!

I am always thinking of the Lord; and because He is so near, I never need to stumble or to fall. You have let me experience the joys of life and exquisite pleasures of Your own eternal presence.” (Psalm 16:5,8,11 – The Living Bible)


I love food and drink – a foodie, as they say. I can relate to that image. And, I love prizes (Jean just called and practically yelled into the phone: “I won! I won! I got the prize of a bag of free groceries this week at New Frontiers! I told the guy, ‘I LOVE winning!’”


Don’t we all? And, we’ve already won. Jesus, my prize! Wow! I LOVE winning!


Father God,

Thanks for being my very prize. Help me drink in Your presence all day long. And, thanks for blessing dear Jean.

Amen.


No comments: