Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Beautiful People

by Debbi Weeks

Back when I was in college I hung around with a group of 15 or so friends from Grace Church. We had such fun, fellowshipping, studying, playing, and just being together. One evening there was a group of us hanging out and as I looked around at all of them the thought came to mind of how incredibly beautiful they all were. I looked at each of them and declared each a “10”. Almost as soon as the thought crossed my mind I let out a little laugh, for in the world’s eyes the best-looking one there was perhaps a “7” and most of us would probably rate more like a “4” or “5”!


I smiled as I realized that I knew their hearts. I was looking at them with God’s eyes and they were beautiful! The eyes of God are a wonderful way to look at His people. And, as I grow older and slip further down the world’s beauty scale I’m thankful that God looks on the inside and sees me as beautiful.


1 Samuel 16:7

But the LORD said to Samuel, ‘Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.’"


Father God, thank You that You created us beautiful in Your sight. Thank You that You look at the heart and not the outward appearance.

Please forgive me when I fall back into looking at others with the world’s eyes.

Thank You for the beautiful people You have placed in my life.

Please allow us to look at others with Your eyes that we may see them as beautiful.

In Christ’s Name, Amen.




No comments: