Tuesday, April 21, 2009

God's Eyes

by Sue Donaldson

II Chronicles 16:9 caught my eye this morning:


For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him…” (NIV)


The Lord is on a search, it seems--His eyes on the look-out, seeking for certain types. He wants to pass on His strength. He’s ready and willing to give what we need.


Would His search stop over your house this morning?


“Hey, look! There’s Sue. Here’s one whose heart is fully committed to Me. That’s so great – okay, here’s the strength she needs for today. Onward and upward.”


Or, not:


“Uhh…no use stopping here. Sue thinks she’s got it together without Me. She loves me somewhat, obeys when it’s convenient, and serves Me if it doesn’t hurt too much. Nope. She’s Mine, all right, but not exactly fully committed. Too bad. She’s going to need my strength today. Let’s move on. Maybe she’ll wake up soon.”


(I’m an idiot.)


I like the NAS: For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His.”


No room around that phrase: “completely His.”


Lord,

Have mercy on my soul. I need Your strength every minute – even when I forget. Remind me, remind me. I don’t want a day or minute without You.

Completely Your’s,

Sue





No comments: