Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Instruction

by Missy Grant

Where or who do you take instruction from? Do you give thought to why you do what you do? What gives order to your day? Do you ever open your eyes in the morning and the previous days “issues” are still flooding your brain? Let’s give this a read…


But there's one other thing I remember, and remembering, I keep a grip on hope: God's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up. They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness! I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over). He's all I've got left. God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks. It's a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God. It's a good thing when you're young to stick it out through the hard times. When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence. Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions: Wait for hope to appear. Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face. The "worst" is never the worst. Why? Because the Master won't ever walk out and fail to return. If he works severely, he also works tenderly. His stockpiles of loyal love are immense.” Lamentations 3:22-33 (the message).


I love those words! Face it…I like orderly instruction, but I love the passion of the text more.


I’m going to resist the urge to pull out teaching points (the post would end up being very, very long). Instead, I’m going to give you an assignment…


Cut and paste the above scripture onto some paper stock. Put it in a place you will see it and be able to read it EVERY day for the next week. Seriously, I know many of you…I will come to your house and see if you followed my instruction!!! (and I’m not above taking a road trip..) Now, when you read the text, I want you to read it out loud. When you finish reading it….pray….as simple as saying, “Lord, I’m bowing low, I’m not running from my troubles, I am trusting the “worst” is never the worst. I’m sticking with you!”


You just took a HUGE, big step in taking instruction from the Lord and allowing Him to order your day. One more instruction from me…call or email or text a friend each day this week and share one hardship you saw the Lord work through that day.


Mighty God, we need to bow down and enter the silence. In our silence may we hear Your voice saying, “Come to me all who are weary...that I may give you rest. Help us to “diligently seek and passionately wait.” I love the action words, Lord. Thank You. Lord, we know in our heads that you are tenderhearted towards us, may you transform it to heart language. May we see your “mercies new every morning. We praise you Lord. Amen.




No comments: