Monday, April 6, 2009

The Rest Of The Story

by Peggy Brown

Easter, the Resurrection, the joyful celebration of the most significant event to Christians, is preceeded by sadness. Sunday's happiness is the result of Friday's grief. If Christ hadn't died on that sad Friday, we could not celebrate the opening of Heaven to all who will come!


Reflecting on that Friday's sadness, my mind goes back to those moments 2 weeks ago sitting at the side of my Aunt Alma's grave. The mixture of the sadness of loss and the joy of Heaven is still fresh on my mind.


As I remember the agony of Christ's death, the reality of who He was; the man, the teacher, the healer, God with us, is a joy to my heart. But, unlike earthly partings, the real joy comes when I focus on who He is now; risen, sitting at God's right hand interceeding for me! Now that is Joy!


Will you join me this Friday, whether at a Good Friday Service or elswhere, in thinking about the sadness of that Friday? But then, turn your mind to the joy of Sunday...


Man of Sorrows! what a name for the Son of God, who came
ruined sinners to reclaim. Hallelujah! What a Savior!


Bearing shame and scoffing rude, in my place condemned he stood;
sealed my pardon with his blood. Hallelujah! What a Savior!


Guilty, vile, and helpless we; spotless Lamb of God was he;
full atonement can it be? Hallelujah! What a Savior!



Lifted up was he to die; "It is finished!" was his cry;
now in heaven exalted high. Hallelujah! What a Savior!



When he comes, our glorious King, all his ransomed home to bring,
then anew this song we'll sing: Hallelujah! What a Savior!

("Hallelujah, What a Savior" by Phillip P. Bliss)


Thank you Jesus for your amazing sacrifice! Thank you that we know the whole story now, you didn't stay in that tomb, but arose the victor!! Amen




No comments: