Wednesday, August 6, 2008

He Changes Not

by Debbi Weeks

I’m with Peggy (see Monday’s post) – Great is His faithfulness. I’ve had a rough week. As I was recovering from my lumpectomy, I was infected by my dear husband with some bronchial thingy. Now I’m on antibiotics and cough meds, but I am definitely out for the count! I just feel lousy.

But through it all I am at peace. That could only be supernatural. It is His great faithfulness to me. Regardless of how I am feeling . . . God is the same. He does not change. Malachi 3:6 says “I am the Lord, and I do not change . . .” (NLT)

I praise God that He is consistent even when I feel lousy, even when I am inconsistent, even when things don’t make sense (to me, I know they make sense to Him J), even when . . . Yes, Great is His faithfulness!

Father God I praise You that You are forever faithful. I praise You that You do not change. Oh, how wonderful for You to be my solid rock.

I confess that I sometimes take Your faithfulness for granted and I am faith-less.

Thank You that You have given me peace in this time.

Lord, please help me to focus on Your faithfulness instead of my feelings or circumstances.

In Christ’s Name, Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is faithful, indeed! Thanks for your reminder that He can be counted on to never change, even when we do. Feel better my friend!