Friday, August 29, 2008

His Timing

by Kate Hasson

This has been an emotional month for me.

At the beginning of this month our third baby was due to be born. She’s not here.

We started our adoption process over a year ago and still nothing has happened. Yes, I know this hasn’t been as long as other’s, but the waiting is still hard. And getting a baby soon, just doesn’t look hopeful at the moment.Travis and I have a burning desire for more children. Yet none seem on the horizon. I miss the infant I would’ve been holding now, and yearn for a baby who needs me as his mother.

When?

Today Psalm 148:6 gave me a blessing. In chapter 148 the psalmist is telling everything ever created to give praise to the Lord. He is our creator and in verse 6:

He set them in place from all time to eternity; He gave His orders and that’s it!” (The Message)

Basically what came to my mind was, “God set our family in place since the beginning of creation. He ordered us together, and that’s it!Praise Him!

Next I get to...trust.

Psalm 34:8 (NKJV) – “O taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

Psalm 36:7 (NKJV) – “How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow or Your wings.”

Psalm 62:8 (NIV) – “Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Selah.

God knew exactly what is best for my family and has ordained it to be so since the beginning of time. I can most assuredly put my trust in Him! I’m sure I will always miss my little baby whom I miscarried last December 7th, but I know He had a plan for that. I don’t need to fret about His timing in bringing our adopted baby to us. He has it under control.

Praise the Lamb who is worthy to be praised!

2 comments:

joy said...

oh, sweet, kate--your mother's heart is so beautiful. and what a beautiful thought and verse that God has set our families in place since the beginning. even though our family is "complete," there are times that i too wonder about our little angel baby. was it a boy baby or a girl baby? one day, we will meet them in heaven. your strong faith and gentleness are such a blessing and inspiration. thanks for sharing.

Thomas Clan said...

kate, you are so precious and ever so encouraging to me. i love you dear friend. thank you for sharing your tender heart and always looking to Jesus.