Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Place for Everything...

by Sue Donaldson

...and everything in its place.

I came across that timeworn quote in a book called Devotions for Clutterers. (Which I found in some clutter. . . my apologies to whichever friend gave it to me in hopes of some miraculous change in my personal lifestyle.)

I love that quote. I wish I followed it every time. When I do, I get more done, I feel more free, I have more time to get things accomplished instead of looking everywhere for whatever I needed ten minutes ago. (I also have a great book on clutter entitled: It’s Here Somewhere -- I actually know where that one is if you want to borrow it. . .)

I have a new place for my new Bible study notebook and huge leather Application Bible – a tote bag -- and it’s working!! (see photo)

~it’s orange, so that helps set it apart from everything else in my house;
~it has leather handles, so I can pick it up and take it to any place in the house where the sun is streaming through the window;
~it’s strong enough to carry everything to and from Bible study-- including pens, Kleenex and muffins, when it’s my turn.

I love it! Mark’s sister Mary gave it to me several years ago – I’ve used it for many things but now it’s the designated place for my notebook and Bible. It feels good.

What’s the big deal? You may have had this figured out for years. But, for those of you who don’t, go buy a big sturdy bag with handles and get organized. Orange is good. It’s not too late.

A place for everything, everything in its place.

God has a place for me. It’s right next to Him—the closer, the better. He figured that out before He made me. (He’s very organized!) I’m His. He always knows where I am. I never get lost . . . like my keys or my purse. I’m under His wings. That’s my place.

When I’m feeling lost or misplaced, it’s usually because I forget that fact—not because He did. Maybe a little organization would help.

Psalm 57:1, 2 – “Have mercy on me, O God, for in You my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of Your wings until destruction passes by. . .You Who fulfill Your purpose in me.”

Dear Lord,
Thank You that You know exactly where to find me. I want to stay close to You – show me what’s keeping me away. And, help me be organized enough to spend time with you every day. Amen.

No comments: