Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ten Things I Love

by Debbi Weeks

Psalm 103:1-5 (NLT) says,

“Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.
He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!”

He fills my life with good things and I’m going to list 10 of them right here - I could very easily list far more than 10 (and I probably should since I gave 25 things that annoy me - see 9/17’s post), but I’ve just been clued in to the fact that my posts are too long, so I’ll stick to just 10. But who knows, maybe I’ll have a later post about 10 more things that I love! Here’s my list for today (in no particular order):

1. Being surprised (good surprises, naturally!)

2. Checking things off of my To Do list

3. Eating chocolate (especially in warm, chewy chocolate chip cookies)

4. Getting a good night’s sleep cuddled with my hubby and no alarm set

5. Hugging a friend

6. Rocking babies to sleep

7. Smelling an old women who has on sweet perfume

8. Taking a cool shower after a good sweat (if sweating can ever be good)

9. Taking a hot shower after being really cold

10. Winning contests (especially when there’s a good prize!)

I get tingly all over just thinking about these things! God knows me and cares for me enough to provide things that I love for my enjoyment. My life is filled with good things – I just need to focus on them and praise the Lord!

Father God I praise You for being our Creator – for Your creativity in making each of us uniquely. I confess that I don’t always recognize You as the giver of these things that I love, so I neglect to praise You for them. Thank You for caring for me – even to the extent that You provide things just for my enjoyment. Thank You that I have even more than 10 things that I love! Please remind me and make me aware of Your goodness to me.

In Christ’s Name, Amen.

No comments: