Saturday, November 1, 2008

Extraordinary Graces

by Missy Grant


"extraordinary afflictions are not always the punishment of extraordinary sins, but sometimes the trial of extraordinary graces." matthew henry

An amazing quote…I love the phrase, “trial of extraordinary graces.” It reads like an oxymoron; that is when two contradictory terms are used together to create effect. I think trial and grace used together creates quite an effect. Would you agree? The challenge of the above quote though is really to look at one’s life circumstances and see the grace in it.

What are the extraordinary graces in your life today? Right now….think….look around…what trial has been so difficult that you feel as though you may not survive emotionally, spiritually, or physically intact. Are you experiencing and acknowledging His grace in your trial today? You were chosen by the Lord for this day – for the experiences of the day – for the conversations of this day – for the relationships of this day – for the tasks of this day (no matter how mundane) - for the praise and worship of Him this day. His grace is always sufficient. He promised that. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

The Lord desires to show Himself in you. He desires to look into His refining fire (trial) and see a reflection not of you….but of Him! That is extraordinary grace!

Go to Him today….Dear Lord, I stumble and fall seemingly most of the day every day. I don’t know how that reflects on you. Thank you for the extraordinary graces you pour into my life starting with your Son’s death on the cross. He chose the death I deserved so that I would not taste it myself. Your grace is sufficient. Lord, search me today and cleanse me of any thought, attitude, action or words which do not reflect You. Allow me to view my trials as stepping stones of grace carefully and purposefully set down by You for Your glory. I praise your glorious name, Amen.

No comments: