Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year

by Peggy Brown

I hope that you all had wonderful Christmas and New Years celebrations! Ours was especially precious to me as we had both children home for a portion of the holiday. I was blessed as I saw God’s hand working in each of their lives. (It didn’t hurt that there was a growing tummy for this grandma-to-be to pat!)

As I reflected on our time, I remembered that holiday times haven’t always been wonderful for me. I know that they can be very difficult, lonely times. They can be disappointing times. Life doesn’t stop happening just because it’s Christmas.

No matter what your holiday brought your way and no matter what the New Year may bring, we can rest in the comfort that no matter what it we have a hope that transcends any circumstance! We can rejoice!! We have a WONDERFUL GOD!

Lamentations 3:21-25 (NASB)
"This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him." The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him. It is good that he waits silently for the salvation of the Lord."

Lord, it is because of You that we have hope! We don’t need to look at our circumstances, bad or good, but at You. Help us to remember Your lovingindness and compassions that are indeed new every morning. Give us the blessing of waiting silently upon You this year…and in that silence may we hear Your voice. Amen

No comments: