Monday, January 19, 2009

Scripture Reading for the Week of January 19th, 2009....Psalm 139:13-18

“For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand
When I awake, I am still with You.”

NASB


“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
1You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.

How precious are your thoughts about me,O God.
They cannot be numbered!
I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me!”

New Living Translation






1 comment:

Steve said...

January 19 is Heidi's 33rd birthday. This Psalm 139 was especially precious to Steve and I when she was born and we didn't know if she would have any days with us. Of course the Psalm was special when each child came but vs. 16 had special meaning when we found ourselves waiting to see if she would have only 1 day with us as Peter did or if there were to be more. Praise to God He gifted us with more.