Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Verse for the Year

by Sue Donaldson

I don’t always remember what I hear from great speakers. In fact, it’s rare I remember anything past lunch, even if the sermon was outstanding. On occasion, however, a fact, an inspiration, a thought-- will stick, stick enough to make a difference in my life.

About 16 years ago, I heard Cynthia Heald say this: “I ask God every January for a new theme verse for my life for the new year. And, He gives me one that He wants me to meditate on for the next 12 months.”

I haven’t forgotten that little tidbit. In fact, I’ve passed it on to many – and, I’ve tried to follow suit every January.

I love the personal touch that advice brings. God is so interested in me, that He has something special picked out in His Word just for me. And, it makes sense that it might take a whole 12 months to get it through my pea-brain and heart.

Want to take the theme-verse-for-my-life-2009-challenge along with me? I’ll start today. Let me know what God shows you. And, I’ll do the same. Check back with me in 4 weeks.

Here’s a prayer for your search:

Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in Your law . . .Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors.” (Psalm 119:18, 24) Amen.

No comments: