Wednesday, March 4, 2009

He Knows His Own

by Debbi Weeks

My husband, Matt, works nights from time to time. We have certain things that we do to make our home conducive to him sleeping during the day. One of the things that we do is to turn off the ringer to the telephone in our bedroom. The phone continues to ring in the rest of the house throughout the day, but he is able to sleep through it since it’s not in our room where he’s sleeping. He truly doesn’t hear the many calls throughout the day as people leave messages on the answer machine.


There is a most unusual thing that happens though. Our son, Seth, who is an Army Ranger and presently deployed overseas, calls occasionally but never at the same time of day. Whenever he calls and begins to leave a message, Matt wakes up and answers the phone! Somewhere in Matt’s subconscious he recognizes the sound of his son’s voice and he responds. A loving father is roused by the needs of his son.


Psalm 116:1 and 2 says, “I love the LORD, because He hears my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.”


God is the same way with us, His children, as Matt is with Seth. God hears our voice and He responds. He has inclined His ear to us. He awaits our call. I love the Lord and I praise Him for hearing me!


Father God I praise You for Your faithful care and love for me.

Please forgive me for when I neglect to call on You.

Thank You that You have inclined Your ear to me.

Please prompt me to call out to You as long as I live.

In Christ’s Name, Amen.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love when the daily reminds us or illustrates the Devine...it is His way. What a lovey site...blessings,
Lynn
Naperville, Il