Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Where Do You Go To Get Fed?

by Debbi Weeks

When my daughter, Rebekah, was a toddler (she’ll be 18 in May!) she ate her meals at the family table in a high chair. But in between meals when she wanted a snack she was trained to sit on the mat in front of our kitchen sink to eat – this was supposed to avoid food and crumbs from being scattered throughout the house. It was pretty cute when we would visit friends’ or family’s homes because she would search out their kitchen, find the rug in front of the sink and plop down expecting a snack or treat. She would wait there in anxious anticipation of being fed (can you say Pavlov’s dog?! ) Rebekah knew where to go for her needs to be met.


So, this just begs the question (or at least in my mind it does), do you know where to go to get fed? I’m not talking a physical place like Rebekah, but rather where you go to be truly fed; where you go to be spiritually nourished and have your needs met. Where do you go to be fed? The even better question is, do you go where you can be fed?


God says, “Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.” (Psalm 34:8) and “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.” (John 6:35)


Come to Jesus. Feed on Him. Come have your needs met. He is all we need.


Father God I praise You for being the bread of life – our sustenance.

Please forgive me for not always going to where I will be truly fed.

Thank You teaching me through my children.

Please take me to where I can feed solely on You.

In Christ’s Name, Amen.




No comments: