Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fill My Cup, Part III

by Sue Donaldson

Let me satisfy you.

Love,

God

PS

Anything but Me will waste your time--any well but Mine will dry up--any food but Me will disappear like cotton candy. Oh, and did I mention this? It’s free – for You – not for Me it wasn’t-- but for you, it’s free.

PPS

One more thing: you were made to be only satisfied by Me, so come on in and take a seat at My table. It’s one of those gorgeous Harvest ones with room for all who wake up and smell the coffee – two lumps or one?

You’re welcome here—right here, by Me.

Isaiah 55: 2 – “Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy?”

(Why, indeed?)

Lord,

Please help me go to Your table and stay there.

Love, Sue

2 comments:

joy said...

how do make you something so simple so deep? you are gifted and I thank God for your talents and that you share them. ps--i love big tables!

suedonaldson said...

big tables are on sale at Pottery Barn - I was just there! (and, thanks) sue