Thursday, July 10, 2008

gratitude

by lisa leonard

gratitude.

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise, be thankful unto Him and bless His name. Psalm 100:4

How do we teach our kids to be grateful? This has been on my heart the last few weeks. We are so blessed by material things in this country. We've been talking about having a thankful heart. We've been praying for thankful hearts. We've been practicing saying, "thank you", even when we didn't get exactly what we wanted or things didn't go the way we planned.

I am also praying for my own heart. I want to model gratefulness to my boys and to have a joyful heart before the Lord.

Lord, please take my heart and make it yours. Mold me into who you want me to be. You are my provider and Savior. Make my heart grateful. Amen.

1 comment:

RefreshMom said...

Thanks for the reminder to be more intentional with my boys. I do make an effort to model gratefulness to them, but hadn't thought of intentionally teaching them to have a grateful heart. Easier said than done, I'm sure!

Mary