Saturday, July 12, 2008

There's Something About That Name

by Kate Hasson

“Jesus, Jesus, Jesus

There’s just something about that name

Master, Saviour, Jesus

Like the fragrance after the rain

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus

Let all Heaven and Earth proclaim

Kings and kingdoms

Will all pass away,

But there’s just something about that Name.”

A few nights ago I was uptight about something I can’t even remember now, but as I lay in bed Jesus’ name was the only thing that got me to calm down. I tried to pray but was distracted, I tried to think of how I should have done things better or differently yet felt more anxious, but when all that was left to do was cry to Him, I could say nothing but His name. Not always what he does comforts, but just HE comforts. At times saying His name, Jesus Jesus Jesus, and imagining His presence brings life and peace to my soul. Thank you, Jesus., for who you are.




3 comments:

joy said...

that is one of all-time favorite hymns. thanks for reminding me about it. and there is something about that name.

suedonaldson said...

You're so right - not only what He does, but Who He is. Hard to get to that place, but good what we find.

Anonymous said...

Resting in HIM......aaawwwhhh, nothing as sweet......thanks for the reminder.