Friday, June 20, 2008

Family

Family
by Kate Hasson


Wow! It has been a crazy, crazy past week and a half. My youngest brother’s high school graduation brought out my pregnant sister and her husband from Kansas and my college brother from Arizona, and other dear extended relatives. My other sister has been home for a few weeks since graduating college so in total that means that all seven of us plus husbands and babies have been together once again after quite a time of being in our separate ways. What a reunion!!! We’ve been soaking up every moment possible thus my poor girls haven’t gotten a full night’s rest for quite sometime and our day nap and other schedules have been quite messed up. But despite it all it has been glorious and well cherished. Who knows when this will happen again?

My sister and her husband leave this morning, and my brother is already back at school. My other sister leaves in under 2 weeks to move to Minnesota and my next brother will be leaving after summer for his first year of college. It’s all going by so quickly. The moments of togetherness that I looked so eagerly forward to, are already halfway gone and I hate to think of how quickly the rest will go.

God created family. What a beautiful creation, an atmosphere in which to love and be loved unconditionally; just as He does for us. It’s amazing how much I love “this creation” and yet tend to forget to thank the Father, the Creator, for it. I love my family with all my heart, but do I love my Creator more for gifting me with them? He says, “Whoever loves his father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me.”

I must remember that this, my life and my joy, would all be not without His hand. He is the one to be most loved and treasured and cherished because oh, how He has given me a wonderful family. Thank you, God! I love You! To You be all glory and honor and praise for a fabulous past week with my dears, and even more for a whopping 26 years of joy with them all.

2 comments:

joy said...

oh, kate, that's so beautiful! and so true. thanks for the reminder to be putting God first and giving Him my heart first.

Bonnie said...

Dear Kate,
You probably don't remember much of me or my family, but we have always considered ourselves so blessed to know yours. Getting to know your Mom and Dad continues to be precious to us, as we spent several years building a friendship while in the same sunday school class. You and your sisters and brothers were always such fun to watch and be with, and the walk with our Lord that Jim & Donna consistantly modeled was such an encouragement to us. I love reading your blogs, as well as Sue's, Debbi's, and Peggy's. The other writer's I don't know, but enjoy as well. You have quite a legacy, my dear Kate. One that I'm sure you are passing on to your own girls with a gentle and quiet spirit. Please give our best to your Dad & Mom.

Blessings,

Bonnie (& Wayne) Masten