Saturday, June 28, 2008

Perfect Peace

Perfect Peace

by Kate Hasson

Just the other day I felt a burden on my shoulders. I didn’t know exactly why, but can see now that it stemmed from a selfish and self-focused heart. I had earlier just received a note in the mail from our adoption agency that our wait for a child could possibly take up to another 12 months. That was hard to hear and discouraging and, among other things, helped put me in a funk.

But, Travis came home from work early! that evening and brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers! His lovely gesture of affection boosted my spirit easily. Such a sweet man...I am blessed!

But what really captured my heart was a verse on a pamphlet that floated out of my bible when I sat down to read before going to bed. It read:

Isaiah 26:3-4 “You will keep him in perfect peace him whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.”


Wow! How perfect, just what I needed. God’s word gives life, and that evening it gave more life to my soul than the whole day’s worth of trying to suppress odd feelings and even receiving the kind gift from my husband. God and His bountiful word is all I need. Why do I so easily forget? That evening and ever since then I have been filled with His perfect peace. My mind has stayed on Him and He has fulfilled His promise of perfect peace by being my everlasting Rock in whom I can always trust. Hallelujah!

No comments: