Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm Not a Morning Person

by Sue Donaldson

I’m not a morning person . . .

Just ask my husband who borders on annoying with his chirpy, “So, what’s on the agenda today?!”

I’m not a morning person . . . but, I do love certain things about mornings. Once I’m up and relatively mobile, I love a strong cup of French Roast, my red Pottery Barn robe, and time alone in my window chair before the kids get up. (Mothers of young children, don’t despair, this too will be you someday – and when it happens, you may borrow my robe.)

Another great thing about mornings is breakfast with friends. Look what I got at Gwen’s at the Arbors garage sale last Saturday?! Yet another cookbook – but who could resist that title? (And what a garage sale morning! So many driveways, so little time!! Of course, it was 100 degrees by 8:30 am – even hard for me to keep tramping from bargain to bargain. You must come by my garage and see my real deals – can’t wait to show Mark – he will be so excited, I just know! Maybe I’ll wait til morning to show him.)

Mornings that include breakfast with friends must please God especially since He gets so tickled when we gather round with those we love (or, will love soon), and eat what’s good for soul and body. I’ll check out this lovely new cookbook – gently worn only – and let you know what I find. Or, call, and we’ll taste what I find.

In case you’ve been slow to wake yet today, here’s some great morning soul food--God must love mornings:

“The Lord’s compassions never fail; they are new every morning.” (Lamentations3:22,23)

“In the morning, O Lord, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation.” (Psalm 5:3)

And, my personal favorite I prayed every morning in college: “Cause me to hear Thy loving kindness in the morning, for in Thee do I trust. Cause me to know wherein I should walk, for I lift up my soul unto Thee.” (Psalm 143:8)

Choose one to pray all day. Morning person or not, we can “lift our souls” to the One Who made mornings. Enjoy your day~




1 comment:

joy said...

love, love those verses!