Thursday, June 26, 2008

Strength in Weakness

Strength in weakness.

Being a mommy is so fun and such a blessing, but sometimes I feel like it is a day-by-day guessing game. So many little decisions to be made. So many big ones, too. If I am tired or stressed these feelings are magnified.

Being a mom has made me much more aware of my weaknesses and my pride. Before I had little ones, I was less aware of my selfishness. After our boys were born I quickly learned that parenting demands sacrifice and selflessness. Of course we sacrifice for our children, because we love them. But our main purpose in sacrificing is to honor the Lord. The beauty is, he gives us the strength to love our children well and covers our sins with grace.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 comment:

joy said...

ahhh--strength in weakness. a saving grace indeed!